[Inpycon] PyCon 2012 Planning Meeting Notes - 12 March

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 08:06:43 CET 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM, vijay <vnbang2003 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> We need to even consider student who want to travel from other location .
> It will end up being to expensive for them to attend this .
> Even professional( particularly beginner from startup)  will feel it too
> expensive to attend . We need to consider this aspect also.
>
> imo we should keep the goal to ensuring that we on an average get Rs. 1000
(thats USD 20) per delegate. Last year, we were scrambling at the last
moment to find ways to cut costs and corners since we were getting close to
effectively losing money per every additional registration. Not sure if
Navin looks forward to being in that seat this time. I think any
suggestions have to be evaluated in terms of balancing the books. I think
any concessions must be matched by counter increases somewhere else (or
vice-versa).

http://blog.dhananjaynene.com twitter: @dnene
<http://twitter.com/dnene>google plus:
http://gplus.to/dhananjaynene