[Inpycon] website

Dhruv Baldawa dhruvbaldawa at gmail.com
Mon May 21 16:15:38 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 7:07 AM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been hosting the in.pycon.org website for last two years and will
> be happy to continue doing it this year too.
>
> The software that we used is not perfect, but it is working well. I'm
> open to consider some other software if you have any suggestions.
>
> Some of the issues with the current software are:
>
> * Speakers get password to edit their submitted talk in email after
> submitting the talk.
> * If the same speaker submits more than one talk, he'll have to manage
> more than one password.
>
> It would be nice if the user can log using their gmail/github/twitter
> account instead of having to manage a new password.
>
> If you have any other suggestions for improvements, please let me know.

I was just wondering if we could use Drupal-based COD (www.usecod.com), it
provides all the basic features for any Conference Organizing website
out-of-the-box. The only part to consider would be theming the website. I
can volunteer for setting it up, if we find it feasible.

While, I'm managing the hosting and software issues, it will nice if
> some can take up managing the content. Anyone want to take it up?
>
> I'll try to set up a skeleton website in a week. We can see if we can
> get someone to make a good design.
>
> Anand

Dhruv Baldawa
(http://www.dhruvb.com)