[Inpycon] Carl and pyvideo.org for Pycon-India-2013?

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 06:29:32 CET 2012

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Vid <svaksha at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at nibrahim.net.in> wrote:
>>
>> Not really outsourced like the past few years. HasGeek helped us since
>> the founder is a Pythonista and an active volunteer. The fact that their
>> business is conferences is a happy coincidence.
> [....]
>> HasGeek does it the same way. Once the talk is over, the video is ready
>> to be uploaded. There were a few snags but the problems, as far as I
>> know, were all incidental and avoidable.
> [....]
>> I'm sure we'd benefit from Carl's experience. However, It is expensive
>> to fly someone in and back though so it highly depends on the the
>> budget. Video recording doesn't usually figure as a big piece and if we
>> have to get someone from abroad to do it, it might raise our costs
>> significantly.
>>

> Thanks Noufal. Your statements contradict what Kracekumar wrote
> earlier, but I dont wish to nit-pick. Fwiw, your tone made it quite
> clear why its impossibly hard to even try to help or have a discussion
> offering an alternate suggestion. My bad, wont happen again.. and
> Goodluck.

I don't see anything is wrong with what Noufal said.

We had Kiran and Krace helping us with video recording. Kiran is very
experienced editor. We too could have got HasGeek quality video if we
had volunteers to process the videos.

I'm not underestimating the experience of  Carl, but one of the big
issues for us is lack of volunteers.

Even now, if someone is ready to help, we can process the videos to
remove noise and insert slides. Anyone interested?