[Inpycon] Inpycon Digest, Vol 40, Issue 10

Abhaya Agarwal abhaya.agarwal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 12:18:27 CEST 2012

Hi,

Yes, we should be very strict about screening process next year. We
> should make the first timers present their talk at a local usergroup
> meeting if they are first time speakers.

One thing I found heartening is college students giving talks in PyCon. I
think it is wonderful, both for them as well as the Python community.

However, it is also true that some of those talks are quite weak and not
suitable for a paid conference.

The solution can be to create a separate student (or beginner) track with
smaller talk durations. These talks can be 15 minute slots. This retains
the space for novice participation but also makes a clear distinction for
those attending. Student tracks are a common feature in many top technical
conferences.

Just a thought.

Regards,
Abhaya