[Inpycon] Minutes of meeting - 4th Oct, 2012 at Khosy
me at kracekumar.com
Fri Oct 5 08:22:01 CEST 2012
We had meeting in khosy's at 7:30 on 4th Oct, 2012 and had discussion
about PyCon India 2013, during the discussion we forgot to order the
soup :-(. Following people were present
* Jnana Sagar
Discussion was mainly focussed on selection process for talks,
tutorials, how to engage student community, volunteers, venue,
sponsorship amount etc ...
* Minutes of the meeting *
* Provide certificate to students/ volunteers. This may encourage
students to attend tutorials & talks which can be latter produced in
college for adjusting attendance of labs if required etc ...
* Send Posters to college in 2 months advance.
* Conduct Python workshop during college tech fest as part of
spreading awareness of Python through IPSS.
* Clearly mention in posters, PyCon India is pure volunteer effort and
* Shortlist all possible venues in bangalore and compare the price.
Venues can be private convention hall, 5 star hotel, College auditorium.
* Deadline for venue finalisation is January.
* Decide on the sponsor kit.
* All volunteers who are coordinating speakers should have all
speakers phone no, photo, twitter handle to contact them.
* First timers are not allowed to present tutorials.
* Process for selecting speakers has to be strict. First short list
all speakers and provide two weeks of time for speakers to upload
the presentation and finalise the talk.
* Keep a separate volunteer to take care of lighting talks.
* During tutorial day it should be assumed INTERNET is not reliable.
Volunteers are supposed to handover few pen drives to speakers for
* Expectation from volunteer is high, volunteer cannot attend any talks.
* Special ticket price for students at early bird ticket.
* If possible try to find Indian Keynote speaker, speaker needn't be
Python contributor for example PyCon US 2012 keynote speaker was
Paul Graham who is known for Y Combinator.
* If sponsors company strength is less than 20, 50% discount will be
given on sponsorship amount.
* There is no hard slab in number of gold and silver sponsors.
* Lanyards will have * only Python * logo.
* Hat or t-shirt will be given to volunteer to distinguish from
Since we ran out of time, we dint get time to decide on website launch.
Thanks & Regards
"Talk is cheap, show me the code." -- Linus Torvalds
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Inpycon