[Inpycon] Minutes of meeting - 4th Oct, 2012 at Khosy

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 08:42:31 CEST 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM, kausikram krishnasayee
<kausikram at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Discussion was mainly focussed on selection process for talks, tutorials,
>> how to engage student community, volunteers, venue, sponsorship amount etc
>>
>>  * Minutes of the meeting *
>>
>> Provide certificate to students/ volunteers. This may encourage students
>> to attend tutorials & talks which can be latter produced in college for
>> adjusting attendance of labs if required etc ...
>> Send Posters to college in 2 months advance.
>> Conduct Python workshop during college tech fest as part of spreading
>> awareness of Python through IPSS.
>
> Wondering out aloud, should we consider having an EduPy conference
> separately that will cater to students and education ? I know this is
> borderline ridiculous, but this way we can up the quality at PyCon India and
> still manage to bring in students into the community at large in a layered
> fashion. There are a lot of student volunteers who can run the show,
> provided a few of us here are ready to show solidarity.

I agree that it is important to engage the student community, but
running a conference is lot of effort.

May be we should try conducting regular workshops at various colleges.

>> First timers are not allowed to present tutorials.
>
> Consider getting the Keynotes to run a tutorial session themselves. I have
> seen PyCon APAC do that successfully and i think thats a model we can try to
> emulate.

That is a good idea.

I can't imagine how wonderful it'll be to have David Beazley
delivering a tutorial at PyCon India.

Anand