[Inpycon] Next Venue

Ankur Gupta versesane at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 09:15:43 CEST 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at nibrahim.net.in>wrote:

> Palak Mathur <palakmathur at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Are we going to have PyCon India in Bangalore only? What about
> > exploring other cities like Delhi/NCR, Hyderabad, etc?
>
> Definitely but till it gets some more momentum, the plan is to keep it
> in Bangalore.
>
> We should formalise this and the general location selection process in
> writing
> somewhere. For the immediate future (atleast two years), it will be in
> Bangalore so let's focus on that.
>
> [...]

Fair enough that it was agreed upon at the AGM. I think the merits of
having to rotate the location every year should also be discussed. It helps
brings in wider audience one that wouldn't travel to another city to attend
a Python conference despite being Python Programmers. The PyCon in Pune
helped achieved exactly that. Also this would lead to better
integration/interaction amongst Local Indian Python User Group Chapters.
One relevant example is that PyCon APAC will this year be held in Japan and
not Singapore and there is a serious intention to take it to other Asian
countries. Should we blindly ape what they are doing no ?. But those those
are part of the AGM need to ask if having PyCon in bangalore only serves in
best interest of the community or having location on rotating basis.

Cheers
Ankur

Homepage -> http://uptosomething.in