[Inpycon] Next Venue

satyaakam goswami satyaakam at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 09:31:31 CEST 2012

> Fair enough that it was agreed upon at the AGM. I think the merits of having
> to rotate the location every year should also be discussed. It helps brings
> in wider audience one that wouldn't travel to another city to attend a
> Python conference despite being Python Programmers. The PyCon in Pune helped
> achieved exactly that. Also this would lead to better
> integration/interaction amongst Local Indian Python User Group Chapters. One
> relevant example is that PyCon APAC will this year be held in Japan and not
> Singapore and there is a serious intention to take it to other Asian
> countries. Should we blindly ape what they are doing no ?. But those those
> are part of the AGM need to ask if having PyCon in bangalore only serves in
> best interest of the community or having location on rotating basis.

everyone is in agreement with whatever everyone is saying wrt to
rotation of Venue , It's in  Bangalore for now,  since  we do not have
local active communities to take the task to other venues.having said
that there was also proposal to organize small local events and gather
momentum towards organizing events like Pycon India .

So to be fair first organize local meetups on a regular basis , then
organize smaller regional events then lets regroup in 2013 Pycon India
and then put our hat in the ring for organizing Pycon India  .

-Satya
fossevents.in