[Inpycon] Workshops/Tutorials (was: Tutorials)

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Thu Apr 25 11:04:15 CEST 2013

It occurs to me that we're trying to imitate the format of the US
PyCon - a separate tutorial day with tutorials being very different from
talks.

Some of us who have attended that conference know how it works but I
think the intentions are not clear here.

I think "workshop" conveys more clearly what we're trying to do. We need
to mention this clearly to all the participants in the email we send out
as well as in the CFP.

Thoughts?

Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Bibhas Ch Debnath <me at bibhas.in> wrote:
>
>> If the target audience of the tutorials are students, *I think* 1.5k/2k
>> for a session would be too much, and will overall discourage them to attend
>> any.
>>
> Also, per session charging would mean tickets for sessions, and checking
>> tickets while entering any session. I hope we'll have enough volunteers
>> free for that.
>>

> I think we need to have tickets per session. Last year, people signed up
> for tutorials without worrying about which sessions to attend and joined
> random sessions. The plan is to force people to decide which session they
> want to attend, if they want to attend at all. Keeping a fee per session
> will make sure only the serious people will attend.
>
> Yes, we need one assistant per session. We need to work on it.
>
> I agree that it might be a bit expensive for students. I'm not sure what to
> do about it. Shall we consider student discounts?
>
> Anand

Cordially,
Noufal