[Inpycon] Conference visa requirements

Palak Mathur palakmathur at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 19:53:42 CET 2013

Not tourist Visas. Business Visas. Using tourist Visa for attending
conferences/seminars, in my opinion, will breach the laws. Let us consult
some lawyer regarding this who can give us correct stand of the law.

Sent via Samsung Galaxy S II
On Feb 8, 2013 3:42 PM, "Kiran Jonnalagadda" <jace at pobox.com> wrote:

>From the FAQ:

Indian Missions are authorized to issue Conference visas to delegates on
production of an invitation to a  conference/seminar/workshop being
organized in India by a Ministry or Department of the  Government of India,
State Governments or UT Administrations, Public Sector
Undertakings, Central Educational Institutions,  Public Funded Universities
(list of such institutions are available on the website
www.education.nic.inand the websites of the University Grants
Commission and Association of
Indian Universities), or an organization owned and controlled by the
Government of India or any State Government / UT, United Nations or its
specialized agencies.

PyCon does not fall under any of these categories and therefore conference
visas are not required. Regular tourist or business visas are sufficient.

If you are working with any agency that falls in the above categories,
please ensure they do not send an invite to the speaker. This is what got
us into trouble yesterday -- fixed at the last minute by sending a new
invite while the speaker was in queue at the embassy.

Kiran

--
Kiran Jonnalagadda
http://jace.zaiki.in/