[Inpycon] Sponsorship Amount for Pycon India 2013

Sreekanth S Rameshaiah sree at mahiti.org
Thu Jan 31 05:25:28 CET 2013

On 30 January 2013 23:08, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 30, 2013, vijay wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>    We need to create draft of sponsorship brochure so this is what i am
>> thinking for this year .
>>
>> SILVER: Rs 1,00,000 - 6 available
>>  Logo + Write-up + link on conf. website
>> Logo on official banners
>> Banner and table at the venue
>>
>> GOLD: Rs 2,00,000 - 4 available
>> In addition to the benefits of silver:
>> Stall at the venue (instead of table)
>>  Distribute goodies at the stall
>> ContactPoint kit for participant contact details
>>
>>  PLATINUM: Rs 3,00,000  - 2 available( There was requests from two of
>> our sponsors last year to increase the slot)
>>         In addition to the benefits of Gold:
>> Name on the Lanyard
>>  Logo on participant badges
>> Logo on Swag Bag
>>

> We can't give name on Lanyard to more than one sponsors. Also, lets make
> it logo on notebooks instead of swag bag.

+1

> I think we can keep a premium rate of Rs. 4L for Platinum. We may have to
> give some more benefits to platinum to justify the cost. Better visibility
> during keynote/talks?

+1 I agree. Was even thinking of giving them one session slot for tutorial.
What do you all feel?

> Also, we've discussed earlier about giving 50% discount on sponsorship
> amount for startups. This was the idea taken from US PyCon to promote
> participation of startups/small organizations. I think we can limit this
> offer to companies with less than 10 employees. Comments?

+1. Lets do it.

> I don't think we need to mention the number of slots available.
>
> +1. I agree.

> Couple of issues that came up last year:
>
> * Free passes:  I think we can give 2,4 and 8 free passes to silver, gold
> and platinum sponsors respectively.

+1. good thought. Better to put this up front.

> * Distributing brochures along with swag kit. I'm fine with either
> allowing this or not, but we need to make a decision and stick to it.

We should allow this. We may impose restrictions. But if we are unable to
enforce it then restrictions are of no value.

Suggest that, we  bundle Platinum sponsor's promotion material along with
the swag kit. Other's may do it on their own in their stalls.

> * No preference in the selected talks: We need to explicitly mention this
> in the sponsorship prospectus.

This has been strictly followed in previous talks and I feel, we
should continue.

- sree