[Inpycon] [PyCon 2013] Some suggestions and questions

pranjal mittal mittal.pranjal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 18:15:38 CEST 2013

Just another example on the Track idea-

Tracks can made for example by clubbing combinations of categories (like in
CFP) suitably.
Example-

   - Web Applications Track
   - Core-Python Track
   - Scientific Computing & Infrastructure Track

The idea is to group topics suitably, so that each track shares min. amount
of common interests among people, (which makes them parallelize-able)
People could suggest more ideas?

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 8:44 PM, pranjal mittal <mittal.pranjal at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Had a few questions, and some suggestions -
>>
>> (1)
>> There are so many people registered for PyCon this year. I wonder, how
>> all of them are going to be accommodated.
>> Is there any limit to the number of people who would be issued the
>> tickets?
>>

> I think NIMHANS can accomodate 1000 people. Vijay and I will be visiting
> the venue next week. We'll have a better idea after that.
>

>> (2)
>>  I see not only see developers attending this conference but also
>> Enterprise IT Managers, etc.
>> I attended the *AWS Summit, New Delhi*, and I liked their idea of having
>> different tracks.
>> Example - Developer Track, Enterprise Track.
>>
>> Both tracks run in parallel in different halls. So speakers get to chose
>> their track, and each track has a set of speakers speaking in parallel.
>> This not only saves time, but helps divide so many people reducing the
>> number of people in each segment. (The type of the tracks could be anything
>> for that matter, based on broad topics)
>>
>> Perhaps its late for planning on such an idea this year (or maybe
>> viable)?  I just want a public opinion on the idea. It could be useful in
>> future.
>>

> Good idea. Requires more thought. If you have any suggestions about how to
> plan the tracks, please let me know.
>
> Anand

Best Regards,
Pranjal Mittal