[Inpycon] Python Month

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 10:04:49 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Anand B Pillai
<anandpillai at letterboxes.org>wrote:

> On Monday 08 July 2013 12:59 PM, Kiran Gangadharan wrote:
> > Hi Anand,
> >
> > Shall we write a blog post about our lookout for volunteers for
> > Python Month and publicise in social media ? That ought to get some
> > more volunteers for us.
>
> Could be useful, but remember that social media is not
> by itself a silver bullet. If there is no framework or plan in
> place to handle the incoming volunteers, your initiative
> may not work out well.
>
> There are many concepts discussed here, I see,
>
> 1. Hackathon - Attached to conf.
> 2. Distributed Hackathon.
> 3. Python Month (could be tied to #2)
> 4. Algorithm contest
>
> Just to summarize - to streamline further discussions.

This thread is focussed on Python Month.
The goal of Python Month is to introduce Python in the student community.
The goals of 1, 2 and 4 are completely different from that.

I agree, we need to have a plan ready before we start publicizing this.
That the reason I suggested to wait for couple of days
before publicizing on full scale.