[Inpycon] [PyCon 2013] Programming Challenges, Hackathons & Sprints, in Python at PyCon

pranjal mittal mittal.pranjal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 12:25:58 CEST 2013

(1) No idea on associative branding. But one thing I am sure of is that
such an event will only help make PyCon better. If you want to see the
response- The PyCon facebook page admins could create a poll asking whether
such an event should be organized and see how it turns out :-)

Individuals not only look for great prizes but an opportunity to see their
standing and have fun programming. Additional prizes act as a further
motivation.
If you have a look at PyCon US. They too have side events like Codesprints,
conducted before or after the actual conference duration that indirectly
helps in bolstering the stand of PyCon as an international conference and
helps get many sponsors.
http://us.pycon.org/2014/

(2) About HackerEarth

As far as I know, HackerEarth is a generic platform  for programmers to
challenge, practice & compete and not just a talent acquisition platform.

The key aspect of it is an *Online Judge tool *and a cluster, which helps
in automated evaluation of code submissions allowing them to host online
coding challenges and test individuals.

The have hosted many successful contests  (links added below) with a
huge-turnout. *IndiaHacks* was one of them organized in collaboration with
yourstory.in, which included participation from top Indian student
programmers including ACM-ICPC finalists.

[1] http://www.hackerearth.com/
[2] http://www.hackerearth.com/inmobi-hiring-challenge/
[3]
http://www.hackerearth.com/india-hacks-2013/analytics/#/language-analytics