[Inpycon] Python Month mailer

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 07:11:09 CEST 2013

Hello everyone,

Here is the draft of the email that we are planning to send to all mailing
lists. Please have a look at it and let me know if you have any suggestions
for changes.

Thanks to Konark Modi for preparing the initial draft of this email. I've
made some changes to his draft.

Anand

---

PYTHON MONTH

PyCon India, the premier conference in India on using and developing the
Python programming language is conducted annually by the Python developer
community and it attracts the best Python programmers from across the
country and abroad.

This year, PyCon India is celebrating the month of August as Python Month,
which aims to spread the awareness and awesomeness of Python Programming
Language to the student community in India.

WHAT IS PYTHON:

Python is a dynamic object-oriented programming language that can be used
for

many kinds of software development. It offers strong support for integration

with other languages and tools, comes with extensive standard libraries, and

can be learned in a few days.

Many Python programmers report substantial productivity gains and feel the

language encourages the development of higher quality, more maintainable
code.

Some of the biggest names in the industry like Mozilla, Google, YouTube,

Dropbox, SurveyMonkey, Bitly and numerous others also use Python for
providing

their services.

Because Python is very easy to learn and powerful at the same time, it is
used

as first programming language to introduce computer science in many

universities and high schools.

In India, Kerala state and CBSE have adopted Python in their school
syllabus.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

Python month will be organized and completely run by volunteers, anyone who
wants to participate is welcome and all help is appreciated.

This is a big task to handle and requires lot of volunteer support. Here is
how you can help.

1. If you are a python programmer and please give a talk / workshop at a
college in your city.

2. If you are a professor or student, arrange a workshop in your college

3. Help us in coordinating Python Month by talking to colleges to arrange
workshops.

Interested? Please sign up here - http://bit.ly/pythonmonth

Have any questions or suggestions? Please contact us at
pythonmonth at in.pycon.org

Website : http://in.pycon.org/2013/python-month