[Inpycon] [Proposal] Development sprint parallel to main conference

Mitesh Ashar email at miteshashar.com
Mon Jul 15 07:28:38 CEST 2013

Of course. I agree with you on that.

My point is that if it is made a part of the schedule, it increases the
already existing choices for those who are not already in the behind the
scene discussion, making choosing difficult specially for those who would
want to be a part of both. My idea is that people make the most out of
their participation. Having another focused day increases the scope for
precisely that, and doesn't at all stop the possibility of having
non-schedule impromptu code sprints. A win-win for all I presume.

On Monday, 15 July 2013, sankarshan wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 1:05 AM, Mitesh Ashar <email at miteshashar.com<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> > So, having a code sprint makes it even tougher for people, to choose
> where
> > to go. Like Anand said, I would hence vote for having a more focused
> space
> > where people have come down specifically with the mindset to be a part of
> > the sprint.
>
> I would take a contrarian line. Someone proposing a code sprint would
> already be in behind-the-scenes discussions with interested
> participants on what to sit down and achieve. From that perspective,
> the rationale of "it makes it more difficult for people to choose"
> would not hold. There would already be people who have opted to be
> part of the code sprint.
>

> --
> sankarshan mukhopadhyay
> <https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>