[Inpycon] workshop fee

Vinayak Hegde vinayakh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 12:07:02 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Vinayak Hegde <vinayakh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> We have earlier discussed about workshop fee and decided to keep it at
>>> Rs. 1500 and limit the number of participants to 20.
>>>
>>> I'm wondering if it is good idea to reduce the price to Rs. 1000/- as
>>> this is the first time we are trying this. We shouldn't end up with less
>>> participants because it looks expensive. We might consider increasing the
>>> number of participants to 25 for popular tutorials.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>

>> Hi Anand,
>>
>> How is this priced ? Is Rs 1000 per workshop or per day of workshop ? I
>> am asking because someone like hasgeek uses a per day model, but I have
>> seen others have a per workshop rate as well. Also if you have a per day
>> workshop model then it might be tough to limits the number of participants
>> (Some workshops will be more popular than others).
>>

> The price is per workshop. We expect participants to buy a ticket for each
> workshop to ensure that they'll join a workshop only if they are really
> interested.

Cool Rs 1000 is good then. Just make sure to publish the schedule and the
selected workshops before opening the tickets to avoid conflicts and
refunds (a management headache). Also asking workshop authors to publish
Detailed abstracts / Intro videos / Slides must be a must so as to reduce
reluctance to register. Especially if the speaker is not that well known in
the community.

-- Vinayak