[Inpycon] PyCon Website FAQ Questions

Kiran Gangadharan kiran.daredevil at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 21:22:07 CEST 2013

Hi Sayan,

I've made a few corrections/suggestions to the questions/answers. I am only
posting the changed ones. Let me know what you think.

Q. Is it possible to cancel my tickets?
A. Do you really want to cancel tickets? PyCon India happens once a year
and we are eager to meet you and share ideas and collaborate. If you really
do
want to cancel your tickets, then all you need to do is send
an email to tickets at in.pycon.org with the Order No. you received and the
name of the attendee.

"Q. I did not register for the Tutorials/Workshops when I bought the ticket.
How do I add Tutorial option to my ticket now?"

The question is a bit confusing. Since the person knows that he needs to
pay for workshops and talks seperately from the previous question, I
suggest the below question:

Q. How/Where can I register for the workshops ?

A. Workshop registrations will start by August 5th. We have limited per
workshop 20 ticket so you'll have to book your tickets soon.

Q. Can I register directly at the venue?
A. Yes, you certainly can. However, we would recommend otherwise. At venue
registrations cost Rs. 2000 and there is no guarantee as to the
availability of tickets.

Q. Is there a prescribed format for my talk slides ?
A. There is no single format for talk slides. It would be useful however if
you stick to commonly used formats such as Word, Openoffice, PDF etc.

Q. Can I do changes to my slides after uploading them to the PyCon website ?
A. It would be good if the presentation you upload is the same as the one
you present. However, you're welcome to make any small changes and post the
final updated slides on the site before delivering your talk.

Q. How do I upload my presentation to the site ?
A. You can upload your presentation to slideshare, speakerdeck or google
docs and share the URL in your talk's description.

Q. I was unable to upload my talk slides before the deadline. Does this
affect the status of my talk ?
A. No worries, your talk status won't change. We however request you to try
and upload the slides before the conference.

Q. Do I need to inform the audience of any prior setup or can it be done
during the talk or tutorial ?
A. It is recommended to provide this information beforehand, so that
attendees can prepare their laptops before attending your session. This
will also avoid wasting time in setting up requirements during the session.

Q. Do you have Laptop charging sockets in every room ? My laptop
doesn't give more than an hour of backup.
A. There will be limited laptop charging points in the rooms, but we will
try to provide a few tables with lots of charging points somewhere at the
venue.

Q. Will you be recording sessions and uploading them somewhere ?
A. Yes we will.

Q. Is it possible to watch the videos live?
A. No, we do not have live streaming of the conference.

Q. Do you provide accommodation for participants from other cities?
A. No, but we can assist you in finding the accommodation near the
Venue.Check the answer to the question below for list of hotels.

Q. Will you be providing meals/snacks at the event ?
A. Yes, we will be providing Lunch and Snacks during the 3 days of the
conference.

Q. What to expect of the climate in Bangalore? What clothings should I
bring?
A. The weather in Bangalore is quite pleasant during the months
August-September, with temperature in the range of 18-25 degree celsius.
Though you can manage without any warm clothing, if you are sensitive to
cold weather, pack a jacket or a sweater. Also during these months it
usually rains so you can choose to carry an umbrella as well.

Q. Will you be providing any writing pads, pens, etc or do we need to bring
them?
A. The swag bag given for participants will include a writing pad and pen.
You are also welcome to bring your own stuff.

Q. Will I need to bring Laptop to attend tutorials?
A. Most of the tutorials require that you write some demo code or run some
application in your laptop, so it is advisable to carry them around. Any
installations/setups required for a tutorial would be mentioned on the
tutorial description a few days before the conference so that you can come
prepared for the session.

Cheers,
Kiran Gangadharan