[Inpycon] Conference fee for student

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 14:00:39 CEST 2013

On Saturday, June 1, 2013, vijay wrote:

> Hi,
>    let discuss on making PyCon India affordable to more and more student.
>    I have been receiving request for making student entry for conference
> free. I am not in support of making it complete free for sure.
>    Rs. 600  is what am suggesting for student .This fee is only for
> conference not for workshop.
>
>    What do you guys think  ?

I don't think we should have a flat Rs. 600 fee when ever they register. We
should give incentive for people register early. If you would like to keep
Rs. 600 as student fee when early bird is Rs. 800, then follow the same
rule for all tiers. So keeping 25% discount with discount code STUDENT
might be a good idea. If a student want to register at the venue, he'll
have to pay the at venue price less 25% discount. At the registration desk,
we can verify the identity card of all people with  STUDENT discount.

What do you think?

http://anandology.com/