[Inpycon] T-shirt Design for Pycon India 2013

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Tue Jun 11 07:12:03 CEST 2013

Sreekanth S Rameshaiah <sree at mahiti.org> writes:

> On 10 June 2013 22:41, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at nibrahim.net.in> wrote:
>
>> I would recommend that we get the artwork and design done by a
>> professional and use that for all the materials rather than have a
>> volunteer do it.
>>

> Would prefer that only if we are unable to get a community volunteer come
> up with good option.
> - 1

I'm okay with it being done by a volunteer as long as this volunteer
should is a professional designer rather than an amateur. Branding is
important and having one *good* graphic for all the things related to
the conference (website, T-shirt, badges, swag bag etc.) is a good
thing.

The US PyCon logo was designed by a volunteer (Idan Gazit I think). I
don't know if he was paid for it but he was a designer by profession who
was involved with the Python community. That's fine.

Giving precedence to the "volunteer" aspect even if the person designing
it is not a professional will hurt the image of the conference and I'm
against that.

In any case, we need a timeout for this.

--
Cordially,
Noufal