[Inpycon] How about organizing Python Month in Engg. Colleges?

pranjal mittal mittal.pranjal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 18:40:56 CEST 2013

Yes, that's a great idea.
I would be conducting Python awareness sessions at our college and spread
the word to students of other college's too.

(I have already registered for Pycon 2013 and am also working on a talk
proposal idea for the same, related to Ganeti - An OpenSource VM-Cluster
management tool developed at Google in Python/Haskell)

- Pranjal

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 9:42 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> We have PyCon India happening at the end of August. Though some students
> might be interested to attend the event, there'll be lot of students who
> are not aware of or very new to Python. It would be nice we can organize
> Python workshops in colleges around.
>
> I'm proposing to celebrate August as Python Month and try to organize
> workshops in as many colleges as possible. We can try to do half a day
> workshops every saturday and/or sunday.
>
> I and Krace conducted a Python workshop at an engg. college recently it
> was organized by Free Software Movement Karnataka (FSMK). They seemed to
> have very good presence in lot of colleges in Bangalore and around. They
> even have local GNU/Linux User Groups (GLUG) in many colleges. I'm sure
> there'll be something equivalent of FSMK in other places as well.
>
> Any comments?
>
> --
> Anand
> http://anandology.com/