[Inpycon] sponsorships

Tue Jun 25 19:04:29 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:

> We would like to have have diverse sponsors for PyCon India. Since the event
> is happening in Bangalore, there'll be more companies from Bangalore on
> board, but it would be nice get many from other cities as well.

This is a good thought. And, it should go a long way to get companies
feel "invested" in the Python community in India.

> Here is the current status from other cities.
>
> Mumbai: Enthought confirmed and another in the pipeline
> Pune: Redhat, vaultize

I may come across as a nit picker and, I apologize. It is 'Red Hat'.

> Hyderabad: Agiliq tenatively confirmed
>
> We need your support in reaching out to more companies. If you know any
> company that uses Python a lot and would be interested to sponsor the event,
> please try speaking to them. The sponsorship prospectus is available at:
>
> http://in.pycon.org/2013/static/pyconindia2013-sponsorship-prospectus.pdf

"PyCon India 2013 organizers want to reach out to companies across
India who use, develop, deploy Python. Let's get more folks involved!"
<-- is a 140 character friend blurb that I came up with in haste. Can
we work out something similar and push it via social media? Would
folks at <http://www.nextbigwhat.com/> or similar be interested in
carrying a small piece on this?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay