[Inpycon] Keynote speakers

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Fri Mar 8 11:59:09 CET 2013

Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I think it is time to think about keynote speakers. Anand Pillai is
> attending US PyCon, I hope he'll be abe to speak to potential keynote
> speakers there if we decide whom to invite.
>
> Anybody else from bangpypers attending US PyCon?
>
> Whom should we invite? How many keynote speakers should we have? 2 or
> 4?  Anyone from India?

Not more than 2 (assuming a two day conference). We can publicise a
little in other parts of the world and encourage people to submit
talks. But specifically keynote speakers, just 2.

I'd like to get Armin Ronacher this year (for a tech. related talk) and
one person who's more into the PSF/community side of things. Steve
Holden and Van Lindberg come to mind.

I don't know any Indian Python luminaries. The kind of people that an
audience would pay money to watch but I'd love to be proven wrong on
this. I'd much prefer an Indian keynote speaker.

[...]

--
Cordially,
Noufal