[Inpycon] Keynote speakers

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 02:06:29 CET 2013

On Thursday, March 28, 2013, Anand Chitipothu wrote:

> On Thursday, March 28, 2013, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>
>> Anand B Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > That is a plus in favor of young folks like Alex, right ?
>> > I am sure he can make the trip in a jaunt :)
>> >
>> > No dis-respect intended, but I think Van and Steve represent the
>> > older generation. I am not too excited about inviting any of them.
>> >
>> > Well, I dont want to push the point too firmly, but I strongly believe
>> > we need to prefer the younger bunch over rather than the older
>> > generation -The Armins, Alexs and Maciejs of the Python world.
>>
>> I'm in favour of getting 2 people (atleast). One who can speak from a
>> PSF non-tech perspective and the other who can do something hardcore
>> technical to raise the bar a little.
>>

> +1 for inviting someone from  PyPy Gang.
>
> How about making Python implementations a major theme of our conference?
>
> I know an interesting project of implementing Python in Racket.
>
> https://github.com/brownplt/lambda-py
>
> (disclaimer: I've contributed in a small way to that project)
>
> We can see if we can get one of the key devs of the project to come and
> give a talk here.

 For those of you unaware of lambda-py and the cs173 course:

lambda-py is a project to build simple core language for Python based on
Racket. This also includes a translation process that translates Python
code into this core. With that we'll be able to reason about semantics of
Python programs better. We'll be able to build better refactoring tools and
other code transformations etc.

http://anandology.com/