[Inpycon] First draft of sponsors page

Gora Mohanty gora at mimirtech.com
Thu May 23 15:56:11 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have created a very basic sponsor page, and added Enthought
as a gold sponsor. As requested, have left space for 2 platnium,
4 Gold ,6 silver and 4 partners. A pull request has been sent to
the base repository.

A: Some comments
-----------------------------
1. Not sure of the preferred way to organise files:
    - Have put sponsors.html at the top level
    - Modified pyconindia.css to add styles for
      various divs
    - Created assets/images/sponsors to hold
      sponsor logos

2. Have done a very basic styling, based on
    http://in.pycon.org/2013/ and
    http://in.pycon.org/2012/#sponsors
    Some more work will probably be needed
    here. The layout is set such that:
    - Platinum sponsors: One per row
    - Gold sponsors: Two per row
    - Silver sponsors: Three per row
    - Partners: Four per row

3. Have left blank divs for sponsors. We, or
    someone else, can insert content here as
    and when sponsors are ready.

B: Further comments on the code
1. It is a little strange to have in-built style directives
    as well as stylesheets. I can ask our HTML/CSS/
    Javascript expert, Syed, to:
    (a) Clean up the CSS. Our preference would be
         to base it on less, but we can do plain CSS
         if others prefer it.
    (b) Review the styling. Syed dabbles in design,
         and while his styles are somewhat minimalistic,
         I quite like them.
    This work could happen entirely in parallel, and
     you can take a look at a first draft of the restyled
     sponsor page, and let me know whether you would
     like to proceed.

Please take a look, and if no more immediate work is
needed, we can take up other tasks. Please assign us
one, or we can start on the Twitter plugin if someone
could outline the requirements.

Regards,
Gora