[Inpycon] Venue for PyCon India 2014

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Wed Oct 2 07:25:23 CEST 2013

vijay <vnbang2003 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi ,
>
>    As we decide during AGM this year  Bangalore will be hosting  PyCon India 2014.
>    I think we can continue with NIHMANS convention center for this
> year also.  If you have suggestion for other venue for
> 1000+ participant  please do share.
>    If we all agree for NIHMANS will go and check it's available date
> and do booking . Tentative plan will be (19-21)/(26-28)  of September
> 2014 depending on availability.

Some of the issues with NIMHANS are

1. Hall sizes are very different. We'd have to predict which talks will
   be popular and schedule them accordingly.

2. No good places for workshops. We need a classroom style place to do a
   tutorial. We *might* be able to schedule the workshops at a separate
   venue like TERI. This came up during the AGM but was voted against by
   most people (including me). I'm less tired and therefore less sure
   now.

Sree had some suggestions about alternate venues mostly hotels. Kiran
has mentioned how hotel chairs are really poor for long hours and so not
ideal for a conference. This might be something worth considering.

In any case, once the venue is decided, we should make some plans about
areas to conduct various things and flow of the crowd. Not arbitrarily
decide on locations. Some of the places in the venue were very much
undertilised because of this.

[...]

--
Cordially,