[Inpycon] Venue for PyCon India 2014

Haris Ibrahim K. V. blucalvin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 07:27:37 CEST 2013

If we are looking at doing a hands-on workshop for 20 people, I suggest we
look at using the first floor conference room at
TERI<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=TERI&hl=en&ll=13.025966,77.630768&spn=0.743897,1.352692&sll=12.953997,77.63094&sspn=0.744114,1.352692&hq=TERI&t=m&z=10&iwloc=A>.
It has an excellent professional touch to it. I believe it is INR 8000 per
day for the hall. We will have to take Internet connection separately.
However, I have been doing workshops there and I know the contact people
for getting it done.

The only problem is that workshops will be at a different venue than the
main conference. However, I don't see any obvious problems with that.

On 2 October 2013 10:50, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are 2 room in first floor of NIHMANS which we can plan for hands on
> workshop instead of conference hall. The room can accommodate  25 people.
>

> On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM, vijay <vnbang2003 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > Hi ,
>> >    As we decide during AGM this year  Bangalore will be hosting  PyCon
>> India
>> > 2014.
>> >    I think we can continue with NIHMANS convention center for this year
>> > also.  If you have suggestion for other venue for 1000+ participant
>>  please
>> > do share.
>> >    If we all agree for NIHMANS will go and check it's available date
>> and do
>> > booking . Tentative plan will be (19-21)/(26-28)  of September 2014
>> > depending on availability.
>>
>> NIHMANS is a good place for conference except for hands on workshops.
>>
>> --
>> Baiju M

> Thanks,
> Vijay kumar Bang