[Inpycon] Minutes of Meeting - 29th Sept, 2013 at Copper Chimney
vnbang2003 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 20:12:47 CEST 2013
*Attendees: * Anand C , Noufal Ibrahim , Niraj , Krace Kumar , iliyas
shirol, Rahul Ravindran ,Devi ,Haris Ibrahim, Kingsyl John, Vijay
*Minutes Of Meeting:*
1. Branding/Theme and Website for Next year (ETA: December)
2. Need to look new admin for pycon india server and websites to help
3. Book Venue and finalize dates ( Have started thread on this to
4. Create Multiple page Website instead of one page.
5. Backdrop should have PyCon India logo down as video will be down.
6. FAQ page need to be added.
2. * General*
1. Work on PyCon India Handbook (
https://github.com/pythonindia/pyconindia-handbook) to capture the
details (ETA: November end)
2. Contact Point Kit did not work as expected due to which few
sponsors were not happy , so we need to check for better reliable option
for next year.
3. T-shirt Ticket template had T-shirt size selection which
confused participant that every workshop has one T-shirt , so need to
change template to avoid confusion as T-shirt were for only
4. Last one month of Conference we should concentrate on execution
only then discussing new thing/plan .
5. Plan for Female participant who attend from outside Bangalore(
Accommodation, travel , food and any other needs)
6. Buy USB Presentation Remote Clicker Pen (if possible)
7. Need to make workshop and conference ticket different to avoid
confusion of dates and other stuff on tickets.
3. Committee/ Documentation
1. Increase number of members in program committee , presently we
have 5 members .
2. Create Policy document for Partner, Volunteer, Selection process
to make it more transparent.
3. Create guidelines document for Presentation preparation.
4. Need to plan for open CFP soon and provide at least one month
time for speaker to prepare PPT.
5. Every accepted proposals PPT slides has to be review by program
committee member to avoid embarrassing moment.
6. Lighting talk registration has to done so participants know
7. Open space need to better published and* *co-ordinator name need
to know well before so participants who are interested to conduct
workshop/talk can contact co-ordinator.
1. Discussion with sponsor should be end-to-end done by
any one volunteer instead of multiple volunteer to avoid confusion.
2. Need to do better volunteer management .
3. Few Volunteers were upset as core organizing team member did not
help them when required , We need to plan thing better to avoid this
for next year.
1. * We need to form a plan on getting user engagement from PSSI
members. suggestion to have AGM to be conducted 6 months after PyCon
of previous year.*
2. *Closing IPSS - We need to list the steps to do this.
3. Plan to trademark PyCon India.
Please add any point if missed anything.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Inpycon