[Inpycon] Venue for PyCon India 2014

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 07:14:41 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 9:53 AM, vijay <vnbang2003 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I agree buying time is good . If we take Oct 10-12 as option  i might not
> be able to help much .
> For Dussara (oct-03-05)  everyone will be out of station to celebrate so
> not sure how much help volunteer can do to run the show.
> For Oct 17-18 it just 5 days before diwali so that not good idea.
>
> I still think Sep 26-28 is right date as its just take 2 days of navarathi
> which might not be major problem.

I don't think it really gives us any extra time to work if we do the
conference in October instead of August. We usually start working couple of
months before the event. We have enough time to break that habit and start
planning early.

If we stick to our plan of getting the website up by December end and CFP
in a month or two after that, we should be in a position to do the event in
August.

While I don't have objections to Sep 26-28, I strongly suggest to make sure
all the volunteers who did the hard work this year are comfortable with
these days.

Anand