[Inpycon] PyCon India Website for 2014

Annapoornima Koppad a.koppad at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 17:29:14 CEST 2013

Dear All,

I have been very quiet for a while now for the reason that I was traveling.
Now that I am in Bangalore again, I think its time I spoke.

Regarding the website design, I think it should be handled by volunteers
rather than design firm. For the only reason, we are trying to encourage a
new breed of organizers who will in in turn take this forward. Since we are
in early this time, we can have a choice. If nothing works out, the last
option will be to run to design firm. The issue is not about money or
putting a good facade for others to see, but to see local young talent get
the opportunity to showcase their talent and get them involved. Imagine
saying something, This entire design was done by self motivated volunteers.
it may not be the best but it is our work. Wok that came out of passion.

I am also suggesting that we keep the option open for running to a nearby
design shop. Not to be wholly closed on that aspect either.

So its +1 for vijay's idea.

Warm regards,
Annapoornima