[Inpycon] Points to ponder

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Mon Sep 2 08:42:50 CEST 2013

First of all, Congratulations to everyone involved in running this. The
conference was a definite improvement over the past few years.

Here are some points I have that we should consider.

1. We need more "heads" that decide all details of each activity. Just
   like Vishal headed the a/v thing. I'm saying this because for things
   like open spaces, there were issues like opening up the one on top, A/C
   in audi 3 etc. These are decisions that Anand and Vijay shouldn't
   have to bother about. There should be one guy in charge of this and
   that's that. It will make management much more smooth.

2. We have to keep a note of FAQs people ask. I'm emphasising the "F" in
   FAQ. One example. Lots of people got confused about the workshop
   tickets and having to pay separately for them. We should really call
   them "Python workshops before PyCon India" or something similar and have
   maybe even have a separate doattend page for them. Anything to make them
   distinct from the main conference registrations.

3. We need to make the conference more woman friendly. It was better
   than last time but female participants especially from outside
   Bangalore asked about things like accomodation, travel etc. These are
   important and we need to have something in place for them. I'd very
   much like organisations like pyladies to take a more active role in
   matters like this.

4. We need to have way more time for the CFP and for talk
   selection. This time was much better and I think we hit a decent
   method. Now, we just need to scale it up.

5. Let's open up a small lightning talk registration online before the
   event starts? Might get more interesting people.

6. More work on panels.

Thanks.

--
Cordially,