[Inpycon] Everybody Pays Policy

atul jha koolhead17 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 08:02:53 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at nibrahim.net.in>wrote:

> Kiran Jonnalagadda <jace at pobox.com> writes:
>

> [...]
>
> > HasGeek policy is free tickets for speakers and crew.
>
> I wasn't aware of that.
>
> > I bought a ticket because I knew it was PyCon policy -- I bought a
> > ticket even last year despite volunteering.
>
> <snip>

> There's still gap in the communication. Anand told me about one or two
> speakers who were annoyed that they had to pay even though their talks
> were selected.

</snip>

> [...]
>

> --
> Cordially,
> Noufal
> http://nibrahim.net.in

Who & why was it decided to charge fees for volunteers and speakers?

Is it because sponsorship money not sufficient? Is there any blog/mail
provides description/info about the overall expenditure of the event?

If money is real issue please get a new sponsorship model in place which
handles entry fee payments for speakers and volunteers specifically.

When most of the volunteers are students & some speakers as well. Some of
them are coming from other part of country & planning stay/food on their
own. Can we not do best by giving them entry to the event?

Comparing an Indian event with event in US  & following with same footprint
does not go well here.

An event with focus on Indian crowd should be handled in Indian way.

Thanks,

--
Atul

www.atuljha.com