[Inpycon] Everybody Pays Policy

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Thu Sep 26 13:44:15 CEST 2013

atul jha <koolhead17 at gmail.com> writes:

[...]
> I doubt everyone in team thinks same way otherwise this would not have
> come this far.
[...]

This is getting pointlessly tiresome.

Most of the people *do* think this way and that's why PyCon India has
been conducted for 5 years now and has grown into a big event. People
pitch in when there's a call for volunteers and help out.

If you're accusing me or someone else on the list about something, come
clean and say exactly what the problem is.

If you think I and a few others run a secret cabal here that pulls
strings and runs PyCon India while blackballing the general community,
say so.

If you're dissatisfied with the way something is being organised, or see
some kind of scope for improvement, specify exactly what and pitch in at
any time. Knowing how short handed we always are, no one here refuses
help.

If you expect everyone to accept your (rather naive) recommendations
without questioning them, I'm sorry, that's not going to happen. People
who've been on this list for a while know who are doing all the work and
whose suggestions are backed by action.

The bottom line is if you have something constructive to say, do so. If
you have time to pitch in, do so. If you want to criticise something
about the conference or PSSI work, do so. If, on the other hand, all
you're interested in is hurling accusations at people and making a
ruckus, just don't.

--
Cordially,
Noufal