[Inpycon] Everybody Pays Policy

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 16:20:14 CEST 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Vivek Khurana <hiddenharmony at gmail.com>wrote:

> Charging Volunteers is not acceptable. Volunteers put in physical and
> mental effort to run the conference, so charging volunteers will discourage
> people from volunteering. If volunteers are being charged then either the
> money should be refunded at the end of the event or Volunteers should be
> paid for the effort they put in to run the event.

I disagree. Creating privileges for some people is not good for a community
event. Even the lead-organizer of the event is paying, so volunteers will
be happy to pay and I've seen it working.

I think most important thing for volunteers is to make sure they are not
too stressed out. Couple of things that we tried this time to improve that
are booking cabs when people stay back in the night, order food to make
sure people have something to eat when they are doing the hard work etc.