[Inpycon] Everybody Pays Policy

Balachandran Sivakumar benignbala at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 15:30:29 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM, atul jha <koolhead17 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Who & why was it decided to charge fees for volunteers and speakers?

          A "volunteer" is defined as "A person who freely offers to
take part in an enterprise or undertake a task." So, the point that
volunteer should not be charged or should be refunded is incorrect.

> When most of the volunteers are students & some speakers as well. Some of
> them are coming from other part of country & planning stay/food on their
> own. Can we not do best by giving them entry to the event?

         People come here and do all that stuff that you have said,
*only* because they love  python. From my interaction with some of the
speakers - They were delighted to give a talk and had no problems
about paying to attend the conference. The conference doesn't comprise
of "just" their talk. Expecting a free entry just because some one is
a speaker seems strange to me. Thanks

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar

Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
                                                             - Swami Vivekananda

Mail: benignbala at gmail.com
Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/