[Inpycon] On using QR codes for sponsor-participant contact exchange.

Rejy M Cyriac rcyriac at redhat.com
Sat Aug 2 19:14:26 CEST 2014

On 08/02/2014 10:02 PM, Haris Ibrahim K. V. wrote:
> That point is extremely valid. The time to take a decision. That does
> make a difference.
>
> The data shared in both cases will be the same if I understand the
> context correctly. Name, Email and job description (if available).
>
> Alright, since we have pushed the QR code front, we'll proceed on
> that. In worst case, we will keep pen and paper as a backup option.

We may have to ensure that the printing of the QR code images are done
with enough quality to retain the QR code image textures

And we could also have the QR code image either directly printed on the
badge, while printing the attendee name, or have it stuck on the badge
before handing it over to the attendee. This will ensure that QR code
image does not get mangled or torn, since it always remains inside the
badge container.

The conference schedule could be printed at the back of the badge. I
have seen this done for some conference I attended this year, and it is
very convenient, and easily accessible at all times.

Disclaimer: I have personally never used QR code stuff, so forgive me if
the points regarding QR code images are not valid. :-)

- rejy (rmc)