[Inpycon] On using QR codes for sponsor-participant contact exchange.

Haris Ibrahim K. V. blucalvin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 19:22:53 CEST 2014

Actually, thanks for bringing that up. We might have overlooked that
thinking printing is all that needs to be done. If the app cannot
understand the QR code, then all is lost.

We will definitely try a few sample prints and make sure the quality
is upto the mark.

I think the attendees will write their names on their respective
badges after they do registration at the counter. So printing QR on
the badge before hand might not work. As you said, I think going with
the approach of sticking it onto their badge before handing them out
would work better.

As for the schedule being printed, my vote would be to have about 2000
copies of the schedule taken on A4s and leave the pile on the
registration desk for the attendees to take for themselves, but I am
open to anything there. We'll decide on this once the badge printing
comes into picture.

On 2 August 2014 22:44, Rejy M Cyriac <rcyriac at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 08/02/2014 10:02 PM, Haris Ibrahim K. V. wrote:
>> That point is extremely valid. The time to take a decision. That does
>> make a difference.
>>
>> The data shared in both cases will be the same if I understand the
>> context correctly. Name, Email and job description (if available).
>>
>> Alright, since we have pushed the QR code front, we'll proceed on
>> that. In worst case, we will keep pen and paper as a backup option.
>>

> We may have to ensure that the printing of the QR code images are done
> with enough quality to retain the QR code image textures
>
> And we could also have the QR code image either directly printed on the
> badge, while printing the attendee name, or have it stuck on the badge
> before handing it over to the attendee. This will ensure that QR code
> image does not get mangled or torn, since it always remains inside the
> badge container.
>
> The conference schedule could be printed at the back of the badge. I
> have seen this done for some conference I attended this year, and it is
> very convenient, and easily accessible at all times.
>
> Disclaimer: I have personally never used QR code stuff, so forgive me if
> the points regarding QR code images are not valid. :-)
>
> - rejy (rmc)

Haris Ibrahim K. V.
http://sosaysharis.wordpress.com
@harisibrahimkv