[Inpycon] Python Month 2014

Bibhas me at bibhas.in
Fri Aug 8 10:27:57 CEST 2014

Hi,

Last year we celebrated the month before PyCon India as Python Month. We
had volunteers who went around the country and organized workshops at
more than 40 colleges! Organizations like CampusHash also helped us out
in promoting Python Month and PyCon India through their workshops. This
year we plan to organize the same. The month before PyCon India is
chosen because that gives us an opportunity to promote PyCon India.
Also, we'd like to keep organizing these workshops even after PyCon this
year. So start planning.

This is a really big task to handle and we need volunteers from all the
states and cities. If you're reading this, here is how you can help -

1. If you're a student or a profession, propose a workshop at your
institute. Talk to the authorities, fix a time and we'll help you find a
speaker
2. If you're a Python developer and can speak about the basics of
Python, let us know. We'll find you a college around you that has asked
for a speaker. If you don't want to speak, still let us know. We can
find workshops that you can help organize.

Remember that this is a complete voluntary effort and there is no
payment involved in any stage of these workshops. The Institutes should
communicate with the speaker directly once they are connected and take
care of anything they need, like transportation etc.

Interested? Please sign in here and we'll get back to you -
http://bit.ly/pythonmonth2014

We need a Lot of volunteers to manage these workshops, talk to colleges,
talk to the speakers and schedule the workshops. Ideally we'd like to
have couple of volunteers per city who can look after Python Month
workshops in that city. These volunteers will go through the workshop
requests in that city and find speakers and connect them. If you're
interested in this role, please reply to this mail.

If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know.

Thanks,
Bibhas