[Inpycon] Python Month 2014

vijay kumar vnbang2003 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 19:44:42 CEST 2014

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 9:25 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 9:11 PM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> Thats the whole point of Python Express. Last year we don't even have
>>> track of number of workshops. This time I want to streamline the process,
>>> capture all the
>>> Please hold on for emails and blog posts. I would like to link
>>> pythonexpress.in in the blog post and would like to use
>>> contact at pythonexpress.in email address for all the communication.

>>       We have captured all data .
>>

> Really? Could you please share that with me?
>
  >> Please check PythonMonth Schedule Spreadsheet it has all data. You are
one who had updated that sheet last so really don't know why you want me to
share data again.

>>      How long do we exactly need to get website up ?
>>

> I've already mentioned that the website will be up by end of tomorrow.

Even if the website is up by tomorrow we still need to test it and see
before we start using it and we don't have enough time for this at this
moment.

>>      We are able to create momentum  do we really need to stop this again
>> ?
>>

> Do you think you can handle this with google docs? We barely managed it
> last time.
>
> I was the one who proposed the idea of Python Month year. I think I have a
> vision for where I want to take this. Like I've already mentioned couple of
> times that we should make this an on going effort through out the year, not
> just something that we do for one month before the conference. Also we
> should scale up the number of workshops that we can handle.
>
> Do you want to give a chance to me or go with google docs way?
>

>> I agree that the idea was yours but its all volunteer effort to make
your idea successful and people have put more effort to make it successful.
     Just an example member who started with plan of PyCon India doesn't
alone drive it, its a community effort which make it go together and its
still run by community and everyone has rights to improvise it every year
if whole community agrees.

    Let me reiterate your idea  "PythonMonth is a celebration where PyCon
India community  plan to conduct  Python Workshop  freely across different
colleges/universities in India *for a month*"
  We have already agreed to use google form yesterday and I see lot of
members have filled forms and it will create chaos if we ask them to fill
in a website once again.
  *Note : it doesn't force me to have github/google account  *

So please understand lets not confuse user where to fill data and break the
momentum created.

I would suggest to proceed with next steps rather than sticking to website.