[Inpycon] Feedback Needed - Guidelines & Tips for Presenters

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Thu Aug 28 03:29:33 CEST 2014

On Wed, Aug 27 2014, Arvi Krishnaswamy wrote:

> All,
>
> I've been working on this deck which consolidates tips & guidelines for
> speakers at Pycon India.  In addition to a few do's and dont's, it includes
> guidance on key dates by which content submissions are expected for inputs
> from the program committee.
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/aravindkrishnaswamy/pycon-india-2014-10-tips-for-speakers
>
> It's still a draft and WIP - feedback is welcome.

[...]

I think it's very well done. I have two suggestions.

1. Fix up the gendered language. There are some places (e.g. mentioning
the boss where you use "he").

2. Add some links to other such advice. I've read this before and found
the metaphor apt
http://nedbatchelder.com/blog/201102/pycon_presentations_hollywood_style.html

I also found
http://reference-pages.readthedocs.org/en/latest/advice_for_pycon_speakers/index.html