[Inpycon] On using QR codes for sponsor-participant contact exchange.

Bibhas Ch Debnath me at bibhas.in
Sat Jul 19 10:33:05 CEST 2014

We had this suggestion and discussion the last time after the event. We
decided to not use any software for contact exchange. The problems we faced
last year in contact exchange was due to the technology involved. It's much
much easier and smooth if the participants just go to the stall and write
their contacts. The hardwares showed faults, network was faulty at some
point, that made the volunteers run around and spend too much time
debugging things. It sounds easy when you write like that, but during the
event, the smallest glitch will require at least 3-4 volunteers run around
all the sponsor tables to debug and fix it. My feelings from last year was
that it's not worth it.

----
Thanks,
Bibhas Debnath