[Inpycon] Open spaces & Lightning Talks

Indradhanush Gupta indradhanush.gupta at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 13:39:39 CEST 2014

On Jul 27, 2014 5:07 PM, "Arvi Krishnaswamy" <arvi at alumni.iastate.edu>
wrote:

> Just a few other thoughts.
>
> Chime in if you agree and have ideas on what can be done.
>
> - Last year, there was limited signage to help people figure out what was
going on where. To be clear, I'm not saying there was no signage - just
that when the place is crowded, it's hard to find the signs.
> - Nimhans is fairly spread out, and I often found myself trekking from
one far end to the other and back and forth. It'd be nice to see if there's
something we can do to help reduce this.
> - I noticed that Kenneth was mobbed with a long line of people waiting to
talk to him. It may also be interesting to have some structured Q&A time
with keynote speakers in an open space since I bet a lot of the knowledge
shared could benefit a larger group.
> - It was hard to find people with whom you shared common interests.
Having some way to indicate this on your badge or a sticker would be great.

Badge to indicate common interests is an awesome idea. Would be great if it
can be arranged.

> - I felt the main auditorium projector screens were a bit small, and it
made it hard to read some of the slides if you ended up withs seats in the
back.