[Inpycon] Open spaces & Lightning Talks

Shrayas rajagopal shrayasr at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 20:06:17 CEST 2014

@Krace:

Yes I agree it wasn't publicised well. We really need to do that this time.
A blog post about it would be great! I'll try to write something this
weekend. We can add on as necessary.

I really like the idea about "rejected talk proposers". That makes a lot of
sense. Some people might have been looking forward to listening but they
just don't get that opportunity since the talk wasn't selected.

I can take up announcing during the breaks and all.

Actually speaking, the place really doesn't matter. If we have a room that
is cool else I think that the first floor makes sense. We could just get
some tables and then people can discuss around them. Personally I feel that
if we get the idea across and people bite, they will FIND a way to get
stuff done.

Here is a different take on hackathons/bug smashes: Think about it this
way: I as the maintainer of an Open source solution will announce saying
i'm doing a bug bust from so and so time on so and so date and I will do
it. The others can join if they want to. The idea is still the same from my
last point, if they want to do something, they will find a way to do it.

@RAJ:

I like the idea of addressing questions like "How do i get started with
open source" and "How do I document/test". I think for people just getting
started with python, these things would be really helpful. If we have
enough people doing their own open source projects, they can share their
learnings.

@All:

How shall we proceed with this? Are there any other ideas?