[Inpycon] [Announcement] Volunteering @ Pycon India 2014 !

konark modi modi.konark at gmail.com
Tue May 13 21:02:34 CEST 2014

Hi All,

We the PyCon India organizing team are overwhelmed to see the number of
people who are raising their hands for volunteering for PyCon India 2014,
this clearly indicates the passion within a growing community.

PyCon India is a complete volunteer driven conference which basically means
anything and everything involves volunteers. The more the number of hands
the better it is.

Wanted to share with you how volunteering works at Python, and what are our
plans to streamline the same :

1. We are making sure to take note of everyone who has raised their hand as
a volunteer.

2. We are taking a stock of tasks that will require volunteers and announce
the same list via mailing list / Blog posts , so that appropriate interests
and preferences can also be considered.

3. There will be majorly three kinds of tasks:
     a. Remote / Before the conference days
     b. On the the Conference day
     c. After the conference.

4. During our announcements for volunteer we will always specify the number
of volunteers needed.

What is immediately required from everyone is :

1. Get us more speakers, the call for proposals ends on 30th May. You, Your
Friends, Your Friends's Friends who ever you know is awesome, ask them to
share their story at PyCon India. Go through the proposals, vote on them /
comment on them.

2. Get more sponsors, create a list of companies you know who are working
with Python, send them sponsorship brochure, get in touch with them.

3. Promote and Publicize the conference on social media, personal blogs,
local mailing lists.

Looking forwards to another exciting journey of PyCon India 2014.

Regards
Konark Modi
on behalf of PyCon India