[Inpycon] About keynote speakers

Ratnadeep Debnath rtnpro at gmail.com
Tue May 27 12:57:06 CEST 2014

Hi all,

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 3:38 PM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Noufal Ibrahim KV <noufal at nibrahim.net.in>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 27 2014, vijay kumar wrote:
>>
>> > Senthil said he might not be able to make this year due to personal
>> > reason.
>> > Any other suggestion  ?
>>
>> I haven't heard from any of the others (Jessica, Armin). Has anyone
>> contacted Michael Foord?

>> > How about Prabhu Ramachandran ?
>>
>> He was the keynote speaker for the first year. I'm not very enthusiastic
>> about a repeat.
>>> Any other suggestion

IIRC, Kushal was proposed as a keynote speaker. Why not go with Kushal
as a keynote speaker? Kushal has been into Python for 9+ years and has
contributed to numerous open source projects. I support Kushal for the
following reasons:

- CPython core developer from India
- A veteran mentor on FOSS technologies
- Upstream and contributor to various open source projects (apart from work)
- Running DGPLUG summer training successfully for years. DGPLUG summer
training has produced numerous contributors to and upstreams of open
source projects.
- Hails from an underdog college with limited infrastructure and
support. He's got hell of a real life experience to share on how he
started with FOSS and created DGPLUG from scratch to help young minds
get into and contribute to FOSS.

Regards,
rtnpro
--