[Inpycon] Multiple Proposals

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Sat May 31 03:01:58 CEST 2014

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:45 AM, satyaakam goswami <satyaakam at gmail.com>
wrote:

> ​​
> n Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:33 AM, satyaakam goswami <satyaakam at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> i kept this one deleted all others check if its ok ?
>>>>
>>>  ​​
>>> http://in.pycon.org/funnel/2014/240-my-gsoc-journey-w
>>> ​​
>>> ith-python-im-not-in-it-for-the-money
>>> <http://in.pycon.org/funnel/2014/240-my-gsoc-journey-with-python-im-not-in-it-for-the-money>
>>> ​​
>>>

>>> <http://in.pycon.org/funnel/2014/239-my-gsoc-journey-with-python-im-not-in-it-for-the-money>
>>> ​​
>>> Once again, I'm really sorry for the trouble.

> looks like i was not able to delete them from web interface , they are
> still there​.

I've deleted them now using the hard way.

delete from proposal where id in  (237, 238, 239, 240);

I disabled the ability to delete talks last year. When someone deletes a
proposal in funel, it leaves no trace of it, causing too much confusion to
admins.

Last year we were in the middle of talk selection and couple of talks that
we wanted to select suddenly disappeared. It was a panic moment for me. The
only way I could figure out that talk was actually deleted, not some error
was the webserver access logs.

Ideally, it should mark the talk as deleted and show it only to admins. I
just picked the quick solution of disabling the delete functionality.