[Inpycon] Dates for PyCon India 2015

Kracekumar Ramaraju me at kracekumar.com
Wed Oct 15 17:38:12 CEST 2014

On Oct 15, 2014 8:51 PM, "Anand Chitipothu" <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Bibhas <me at bibhas.in> wrote:
>>

>> On 10/15/2014 12:59 PM, Noufal Ibrahim KV wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wed, Oct 15 2014, Bibhas wrote:
>>>

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> It might be a good idea to simply restrict the maximum number of
>>> participants (and talks).
>>

>> This year we kept the ticket slot expanding till the last moment. I'd
say let's not do that next time. Let's fix it to 1000 participants and no
more. I only have the request to check out IISc as a venue and compare it
with NIMHANS before booking. Couple of people suggested it to me during
PyCon.

> I guess you are taking about JN Tata auditorium in IISc Campus. Not sure
if it is any better than NIMHANS.

> I heard that MLR whitefield has 2 auditoriums of roughly equal size. That
might be worth exploring.

Not really. AFAIK Audi has capacity around 700 and banquet hall capacity is
around 200 - 300.

The Audi 1 is in first floor and hall is in ground floor.

> The small audi 2 issue can also be solved by improving the talk schedule.
We could ask all the participants to pick the slots that they are
interested in and use that info to schedule the talks.