[Inpycon] Lightning Talks @ Pycon India

Shrayas rajagopal shrayasr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 07:25:15 CEST 2014

> I'd like to propose that we run lightning talks at Pycon through the
Funnel with a lightweight approach that still keeps things informal.

> How does this sound?
>
> Arvi

​While using the funnel really sounds like a good idea, It has the same
drawback as using trello or any of the other online services - You need to
be on that platform to use it. ​Going offline like @rmc suggested
definitely seems like a better option.

Though, with that said.. How about we use this year as an experimentation
phase. Let us prepare an offline version as well but market the online
version more than the offline thing. Naturally if the online version
doesn't work out, people will fall back on the offline one but it will give
us an idea about the acceptance of doing something like this online.

Thoughts?

Also, Is it possible to contact the PyCon US folks to see how they
organized this? If @Anand, @Noufal or @Arvi or the others have some
contacts, I could take up the responsibility to figure how they did things.

/S