[Inpycon] Lightning Talks @ Pycon India

Rejy M Cyriac rcyriac at redhat.com
Tue Sep 9 08:54:22 CEST 2014

On 09/09/2014 12:17 PM, Arvi Krishnaswamy wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Rejy M Cyriac <rcyriac at redhat.com
> <mailto:rcyriac at redhat.com>>wrote:
>
>     online + offline is good. But we need to ensure that both are in sync at
>     all times. How are we going to do that ? How about at the common area,
>     we have a kiosk setup for inputs, and a display showing the current
>     submissions and votes ?
>

> ​I think ​someone was looking into setting up a projector that would
> rotate through screens - the schedule, twitter streams, and other feeds.
> If that happens, we could rotate through this.  Voting and inputs would
> still need to be via their own systems for now I think - not sure how
> feasible a kiosk is?

The easiest way for the 'kiosk' is to have someone there, with a system
connected to the internet, who will assist those folks who want to vote
or submit, but cannot go online with own devices.

Or we can experiment on setting up a kiosk on a desktop system using
Fedora+SELinux. If you can ensure hardware is available at the venue,
and give me now the list of requirements that we will need, I can
experiment on the feasibility of a true kiosk.

Rejy M Cyriac (rmc)