[Inpycon] Lightning Talks @ Pycon India

Rejy M Cyriac rcyriac at redhat.com
Tue Sep 9 10:15:43 CEST 2014

On 09/09/2014 12:52 PM, Shrayas rajagopal wrote:
> US PyCon 2014 has some good sections on Open Spaces[1]. We could borrow
> some ideas from here.
>
> As for lighting talks, it looks like they went through an approval
> process as well. I found a section[2] of "accepted lighting talks" on
> their site.
>
> [1]: https://us.pycon.org/2014/community/openspaces/
> [2]: https://us.pycon.org/2014/schedule/lightning-talks/list/

Having an approval process is good to ensure that the topics are
relevant for the conference. But the approval process would have to be
lightning quick, for the attendees to get enough time to vote on the
approved list. So the approvers have to be selected ahead, and be ready
to review as the proposals come in.

- rejy (rmc)